Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcome to the Volunteer Vets Blog!

Hi everyone. I hope that in the coming days I will start a discussion with you about ways that Tennesseans can do more to honor our veterans and ensure that they receive better benefits in our state than in any other part of the country. The Volunteer State has always been about service above self, and I believe that we must do more to serve those who served us. I also believe that service is not limited to the military and that we should all do more to take an active part in our community. Part of that activity is being knowledgeable about local, state and national politics. This is the spirit of Volunteer Vets. An appreciation for our veterans (especially those that enlisted), a passion for an inclusive and vibrant community and an understanding of our political system. Also, check out my new website www.volunteervets.com.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new blog and thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the same last name as me. Atkins
    I'm Georgia Atkins. Visit me at my blog.

    I have lot's of great music.

    http://peace-now-ga.blogspot.com/2009/10/radical-s-jukebox-28.html

    ReplyDelete